YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 25 November 2013

My favourite horror film

I haven't seen many horror films because I get scared easily, but I think that my favourite horror film is The Woman in Black. It is based on a novel of the same name.
I saw it for the first time in the cinema and, I can tell, on the big screen was scarier.
The film is the story of Arthur Kipps, a young lawyer, widower, that has to travel to a lonely town, leaving his son in the city with the nanny. The reason why he has to go there is because a customer of his lawyer company has died suddenly, leaving all the paperwork undone. Arthur goes to the customer's house, the Eel Marsh house, but no one in the town wants to approach there. They say that the house is haunted by the spirit of the Woman in Black. In addition, the surrounding area of the house is a marshland that floods by hours. The villagers are scared because everytime someone sees the Woman in Black, the children of the village start to die. When Arthur is in the house, he sees the Woman in Black, and since that moment the curse starts.
I like this film so much because it's not the bloody type of film, it's more psychological horror. There are frightening moments, and it's full of tension, even in the end. The film soundtrack was scary too.
My favourite scene was the moment when Arthur approches his hand to touch the window paine, because there's a mark left by a hand, and when he touches it, the face of a screaming woman appears and frightens him.
The worst scene for me it's the one when Arthur goes to his friend's house and his friend's wife starts to say and do weird things like if she was possessed.
Well, here you have the trailer!



No comments:

Post a Comment