YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 8 December 2013

MY WORLD: The Landlady

The Landlady is a story written by Roald Dahl. I've read this story in English class.
It's the story of a seventeen years old boy named Billy Weaver who has to go to Bath for work issues. It's late night when he arrives to the city, so he starts to search for a cheap hotel. Then he sees a house with a big sign on the window that offers bed and breakfast. He is welcomed into the house by an old lady, the owner of the hotel. She says that Billy is the only guest she has had in years. She's a bit strange and is all the time saying how handsome Billy is, which is a bit annoying for the young man. Billy discovers that, in the hotel, there have only been two other guests: Christopher Mulholland and Gregory Temple. Those names are familiar to Billy, but he can't remember why. When he asks the old lady, she doesn't answer. He also discovers that there are a parrot and a dog that have passed a taxidermy process. The old lady offers tea to Billy all the time and says that Mr. Temple and Mr. Mulholland never left, that they're still in the house.

Althought Billy doesn't realize what's the problem in the story, I do. If I was him I would have run away from the house. It's obvious that the old woman has two stuffed humans in the house, Mr. Mulholland and Mr. Temple. It's obvious too that she wants to do the same with Billy. She's going to kill him and he doesn't notice! I'm sorry but I think Billy is not very clever. I find that this is a very sinister story, but I liked it. Now I know that it's not good staying at a house where you're the only guest and where there are stuffed animals and a creepy old lady. I'm never going to do that after reading this story. Never ever.

The Landlady

No comments:

Post a Comment