YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 2 December 2013

The Murders in the Rue Morgue

The Murders in the Rue Morgue is a novel written by Edgar Allan Poe. It's the story of a man that lives in Paris with his strange friend, Messieur Dupin. Dupin has a wonderful mind that allows him to know everything people are thinking or are going to do by just following logical thoughts. One day there are two mysterious murders in the Rue Morgue. Two dead women were found in their house by their neighbours, in really weird circumstances. The police is investigating who can be the murder, but Messieur Dupin and the narrator start their own investigation around the crime.

Personally I think that this novel is a bit strange. Dupin is a very interesting character that surprised me from the begginig with his convincing logic. The murders also surprised me because of the sadism they have. The end was kind of strange and weird. I mean, who could have imagined it? In the beggining I had suspections around Messieur Dupin, he knew too much. But I'm not going to tell you who the murder is, if you want to know you have to read the story.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog Miriam, I take my hat off to you!!
    keep it up.

    "Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive."
    ~Howard Thurman

    ReplyDelete