YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday 10 May 2014

Berlin, Berlin

Our trip to Berlin has been extraordinary, I really enjoyed it. The city is very beautiful and at the same time very different from any city I've ever been before. There was something special: the lifestyle, the buildings, the wide streets... I really loved the fact that the streets were full of graffitis, some of them really nice.

It's difficult to write down the best moments of the trip, because there were too many. I really liked the monuments and museums. The Reichstag, the History Museum of Berlin (which was surprisingly funny), the bunker, the Wall, the Brandenburger Tor, the Jewish Museum, the zoo, Sachsenhausen (this one was very sad)... I loved walking around the city, even when my feet ached, because we saw something new everyday. In our spare time we went through the streets discovering Berlin, going shopping or just going for a walk... Probably the monument I liked the most was the Brandenburger Tor, because it was very beautiful.

Brandenburger Tor


In the Reichstag, there was a glass dome at the top of the building with amazing views. We could see all Berlin!

The monuments and museums dedicated to the jews that we visited were really sad. I got very emotional because we could read letters that some jews wrote to their families, and there was so much to read and see...

When we went to Sachsenhausen, a concentration and extermination field, it was heartbreaking. There weren't many buildings left, but it was enough for me. The thing that I didn't like about it was that the buildings were too much restaurated.

I remember that the History Museum of Berlin was funny in some way, because the place was decorated like the time that it represent (the time of the war, the medieval times...).

I got a bit of claustrophobia when we where at the bunker. I was shocked because there were a lot of beds (if it could be called a bed) and there wasn't much light. I felt relieved when we went outside, back to the street.

I enjoyed the zoo because it was a sunny day and it was something very different from the other activities that the teachers had prepared for us.  They told us there was a panda so we spent quite a lot of time searching and asking for it, but sadly it had died. I felt sorry for the animals, though, all day trapped there when they could be in the nature, where they belong. For example, when we saw the polar bears, there was one that moved his head up and down all the time because he was "insane". Who wouldn't be in its situation?

I remember that one day, when we where walking through the street, some girls stopped us and asked if they could make us an interview. It was an interview just like the one we did to tourists in Barcelona!

The best of all was being all together in a unique experience. We had a lot of fun: in the hostel, in the dinners at the restaurant (paper balls flew everywhere, it felt like a battlefield sometimes), in the spare time, in the bus... We became more of a group and got along really well. I think that we got to know each others better than we did before, both students and teachers.

I remember the food of the restaurant we always went for dinner to. I'm only going to say that I'm not going to eat meat with potatoes in a long time, because I had enough of it in Berlin. The potatoes were cooked in different ways, but it was tiring eating them everyday.

I also learned a bit of German. For example: ausgang means exit, bären means bear, eingang means entrance, hallo means hello, tchus means goodbye...

Bye, bye Berlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment