YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 26 May 2014

MY WORLD: One of my favourite books!

Last summer I read Daughter of smoke and bone. I really really loved it and it has become one of my favourite books. I also read the second part of it: Days of blood and starlight.


Daughter of smoke and bone is about the story of Karou, a girl with blue hair that lives with three chimaeras, strange creatures with parts of different animals. They all live in Prague in a secret workshop where Brimstone, one of the chimaeras, exchanges wishes for teeth of different animals, or even human teeth. One day, in Marrakech, Karou meets Akiva, an angel that tries to kill her.

She discovers then that angels exist, and that they have been in war against the chimaeras for thousands of years. But Akiva sees something in her, she seems familiar to him, and for that he doesn't kill Karou.

Because of this strange meeting, their worlds will change a lot and nothing will ever be the same. Karou and her family are in mortal danger, and she will do anything to save them.

I really really love this book because it's very original and different from any other book I've ever read. At the beggining it seems a little bit strange, but once you get used to the story it's really enjoyable. i love the main character, Karou. She's strong and independent, and she's such a mistery!

I totally recomend this book and, if you read it, I'm sure you'll appreciate it too, even if you don't get to like it!

Here you have some booktrailers that I found on Youtube!






No comments:

Post a Comment